Topic: Introduction to Windows SharePoint Services Development
Details: Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) is a web-based application framework that can be rapidly leveraged to build powerful collaboration, content, and knowledge sharing solutions. Its bigger brother, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), was recently announced as the fastest growing server product in Microsoft's history.
Cut through the hype for a technically-focused, demo-driven introduction to WSS development, including:
- Architecture, topology and site model
- Development considerations, tools, and best practices
- Object model basics, querying, and extensibility
- Web part development
- Event receivers
- Branding and customisation
- Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF) and WSS
- Feature and solution deployment
This session aims to get you started with WSS development, and assumes no prior knowledge of SharePoint. Even if you're not likely to use WSS in your products or services, SharePoint has many potential uses within your development team or organisation, some of which will be discussed.
Presenter: Matt Smith